Goals & Strategy
The goal of this assesment is to outline the strategic plans for improving the technology infrastructure for the students of Racine Lutheran High School. Priority goals include, but are not limited to:
- Improved servers
- Improved stability of connected devices to servers
- Acquisition of new devices for educational enhancement and optimized instruction
- Updated firewall protection and antivirus protection
- Standardized platforms across all computing devices throughout the school
- Connection access from anywhere in the building
Plan for Improvement
With ever changing technology needs, it is vital that we build the proper foundation for our school to ensure smooth advancement into the future. Following is a prioritized list of technology needs which will provide that foundation and keep Racine Lutheran High School on the leading edge. As we strive to empower our students with the skills to succeed in their future careers, we must continually revitalize our facilities.
- Phase 1 - $17,300
- Items such as a new server and firewall are needed to alleviate slow connectivity between our networked computers and our present terminal server. Updated servers would allow teachers to include more technology-based instruction in classes and allow students to be more productive during class time and study halls.
- Phase 2 - $11,550
- Additional networking equipment (network switches, wireless routers) will allow Racine Lutheran High School to be wirelessly connected throughout the school and streamline communication.
- Phase 3 - $49,300
- Adding mobile classrooms would increase the diversity of classroom instruction and allow for more technology use by the teachers, as well as add more interaction with students.
- Phase 4 - $30,000
- The addition of high-definition televisions into the classrooms allow us to benefit from the advancements in the technology of televisions. We can use the flexibility of the TV for enhanced computer projection, Channel One, classroom videos, and more. A new student terminal server would allow for student connectivity from home.
The challenge is a formidable one. Our motivation is to equip students with the finest possible education as they advance in their career paths. Keeping up with the demands of ever-changing technology requires taking bold steps forward.
Joshua 1:9 inspires us: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
Total Project Cost: